Lulu Tanenbaum's Greatest Hits
Our incredibly talented information designer and analyst, Lulu Tanenbaum is on her final day at Brainsights before leaving on sabbatical. We’re sad to see Lulu go, but she’s seizing the incredible opportunity of studying for her Masters of Data Visualization at the prestigious Parsons School of Design, in New York City! (Gives us a great excuse to visit her!)
So to celebrate this massive achievement and give Lulu a proper sendoff, we’ve compiled a top-five of her greatest hits at Brainsights!
5. Lulu’s first act at Brainsights was creating the visual identity of our London invasion! Check out this graphic of our logo imbedded in London’s iconic tube map.
4. When we were invited to do research in Germany, we were in trouble - none of our team spoke German and our network there was limited. We needed to 300 Germans to have their brains scanned, and heading into the weekend before we were to be in market, we’d recruited just 78. Based on an insight that Germans irrationally loved David Hasselhoff, we thought - well, it’s worth a shot. Lulu created a series of memes that we promoted on Facebook, and by the end of the weekend, almost 800 people had signed up across Munich and Berlin.
3. Lulu’s next trick involved synthesizing and communicating one of the biggest neuroscience studies ever conducted - the Verizon Media study “The Value of Premium Environments”. As lead analyst on the study, Lulu had intimate knowledge of the findings, but how that would be communicated to the market was a different challenge altogether. Lulu embraced it, concepting and designing the booth and experience that would take front and centre at an Infopresse conference in Montreal, and an IAB conference in Toronto.
2. For our community and clients, we created a Brain Blend coffee, and Lulu was responsible for creating the simple, but beautiful, Pride-inspired packaging.
1. Lulu has a strong sense of public/social service, and her most remarkable work has been when this has been her focus. In particular, in analyzing key social issue data, and then concepting, designing and delivering digestible infographics to help the public understand their biases and help communicators drive behaviour change. Here are the three key campaigns Lulu has spearheaded